Old 16-01-2007, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default heating a mini polythene greenhouse

BoyPete wrote:
wrote:
so it would just be the cost of a light turned on 24-7? How much does

that equate to I wonder?

Judith at home in England

Obviously it depends on your energy supplier and wattage,, but around £1.20
a month for 'a light bulb'. Info courtesy of Google.
--
ßôyþëtë

I wonder if you could use the low energy bulbs making that around what,
say 50p a month. I have a Halls greenhouse, I think its about 8 x 8.
My new paraffin heater blew up and I don't want another. Would 2 x low
energy, 100 watt bulbs be adequate to heat the greenhouse so that I
could use it now?

Judith at home in Norwich