Old 16-01-2007, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete BoyPete is offline

Default heating a mini polythene greenhouse

wrote:
BoyPete wrote:
wrote:
so it would just be the cost of a light turned on 24-7? How much
does that equate to I wonder?

Judith at home in England

Obviously it depends on your energy supplier and wattage,, but
around £1.20 a month for 'a light bulb'. Info courtesy of Google.
--
ßôyþëtë

I wonder if you could use the low energy bulbs making that around
what, say 50p a month. I have a Halls greenhouse, I think its about
8 x 8. My new paraffin heater blew up and I don't want another.
Would 2 x low energy, 100 watt bulbs be adequate to heat the
greenhouse so that I could use it now?

Judith at home in Norwich

No, the electricity is 'used' to create light. The tubes I spoke of use all
the electricity to produce heat. Do you remember the old style portable
heaters that used a long coil of wire that glowed red?....similar concept,
but safely enclosed.
--
ßôyþëtë