Old 16-01-2007, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default heating a mini polythene greenhouse

BoyPete wrote:

No, the electricity is 'used' to create light. The tubes I spoke of use all
the electricity to produce heat. Do you remember the old style portable
heaters that used a long coil of wire that glowed red?....similar concept,
but safely enclosed.
--
ßôyþëtë

Ah, now I understand, I wonder how much heat I would need for my sized
greenhouse, and whether, say 1 large or 2 small ones would be adequate.
I looked on the link you gave, but it didn't give heat output, AFAICS.

Judith at home in Norwich