Old 16-01-2007, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete BoyPete is offline

Default heating a mini polythene greenhouse

wrote:
BoyPete wrote:

No, the electricity is 'used' to create light. The tubes I spoke of
use all the electricity to produce heat. Do you remember the old
style portable heaters that used a long coil of wire that glowed
red?....similar concept, but safely enclosed.
--
ßôyþëtë

Ah, now I understand, I wonder how much heat I would need for my sized
greenhouse, and whether, say 1 large or 2 small ones would be
adequate. I looked on the link you gave, but it didn't give heat
output, AFAICS.

Judith at home in Norwich

Sorry Judith, I have no idea. I think two, one either side might give a more
balanced temp, than just one. It's suck it and see I think
--
ßôyþëtë