Old 16-01-2007, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Ginger

"Martin Brown" wrote in message

Don't completely waterlog it. As much light and heat as you can get.

I'm glad it's not just me. Almost exactly the same thing happened

when I
tried planting ginger. A nice impressive plant above the ground,

but no
roots even remotely worth harvesting. Anyone know the secret?

I doubt you will get that much crop in the UK. Sun is too weak.

Also the growing season is far too short - a 7 month frost free period
is the recommended time for harvestable rhizomes.