Old 17-01-2007, 09:35 AM posted to aus.food,aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default The gardener meets the cook

In article ,
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

It's that time of year when the cook and the gardener meet (either
internally or severally) for discussions about what to do about "the
great zucchini glut".

I find the best solution is prevention. Just say no!

As a matter of fact, I like zucchini, but DH isn't that keen unless it's
hidden in ratatouille. I have 'Early White' squash and Queensland Blue
pumpkins popping up atm. We've had a few squash -- again, I like them, but DH
isn't so keen. I love their UFO shape :-)

Zucchini a la Grecque is nice -- I don't have a recipe, but you cut them into
quarters lengthways and stew them in olive oil in the oven.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue