Old 17-01-2007, 02:18 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default This great cold weather

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 00:48:54 GMT, "Justin Wilson" wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
.. .
Maybe, just maybe I will get some peaches and apples this spring.
Also, it's been two years since I've had a stand of daffodils or
irises of any note.

I wonder if I'll get less pears next year. Had a GREAT crop this year that
the branches almost fell off. Then in late October, the trees budded again
and more pears! All the little baby pears have finally died and dropped off,
but I wondered why I got two crops this year.

Pears do usually have good fruit production every other year. I'm not
sure why you got two crops, but when you do, I suggest you side dress
the tree, out to the drip line using compost and organic fertilzer.
Something like Sustane, or LadyBug Brand.