Old 17-01-2007, 10:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
chatnoir chatnoir is offline

Default Oh My God: Seeds

wrote:
I was in Target today, and they had their flower seeds on display. Can
it be that time of year again for so many dreams that will be dashed by
the heat of July.

Last year in Colorado, it was warm in April! Had a freeze in the
beginning of May! Then temperature wise it went from Mid May to Mid
July! Hard on some plants! The Grape Vines although hurt by the
Warmth in April and the Killing frost in the beginning of May, loved it
going from Mid May to Mid July for the rest of the Year Temperature
wise!

I remember moving from California to Rochester, NY
in the middle of winter, and then in May to see everyone heading to
garden stores to buy their seeds. I remember seeds being sold in brown
envelopes with only the name of the seeds on them. Rochester was the
location of my first garden. I was a student at the Rochester Institute
of Technology, and they plowed empty fields so students could plant
gardens. It was a dry summer, and I carried buckets of water to water
my garden. My best garden ever.

Tom