Old 18-01-2007, 02:27 AM posted to austin.gardening
Justin Wilson Justin Wilson is offline

Default This great cold weather

"Mike Harris" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 00:48:54 +0000, Justin Wilson wrote:
Justin,

What area are you in, and what variety do you have? I love pears, but my
tree never fruited and ultimately succumbed to fireblight.

I actually live just north of SA. I believe the pear tree is a Pfanstiel
hybrid - I don't recall the exact spelling. But the trees are very strong,
healthy, and almost too much fruit. Luckily the dogs help clean up the yard.
Plus, I try to remove many of the new fruit to prevent limb breakage.

I wonder of the Bayer systemic formula would prevent fireblight?