Old 18-01-2007, 04:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default West Coast Cold

Hhhhhi Ssssue, It's bbbbbloody ccccold.
I have been holding thumbs with my fingers crossed & they are locked in!!
Malibu is about 65 miles north of us but I missed the news re the snow on the
ground there.
So far I have been lucky, we are on a south facing hillside slope, not very steep,
the coast is about 8 miles away also to the south.
There is a weather station at the elementry school down the hill from us, about
three blocks away & their temp is 10 degrees cooler than ours? (Geographical situ)?
I too keep to my same watering regimen less often in winter.
So far I haven't seen anything that resembles frostbite but over the years, I
have lost some regular garden plants. (Touch wood)
I heard the weatherman say that we will be in the 70's next week.
Bring it on.

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Susan Erickson wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:45:26 -0500, "V_coerulea"
wrote:

Talk about crazy,

How far South does this threaten. Our weather man usually shows us
the patterns as far down the coast as the Gulf of CA. Yesterday they
showed photos of snow in Malibu. Then he was on and so worried about
another Friday snow (5th week in a row)G that he never got to
southern CA.

Wendy grows a lot outdoors - is it that far south?

And how are the MO people doing? I know you have a large section
still without power. Do we need some re-populating efforts scheduled
for May?
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids