Old 18-01-2007, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default The tally so far....

On 18/1/07 18:39, in article
,
" wrote:

Sacha wrote:
I wonder, will this be as bad as, was it 1976?

1976 was the Year of the Drought. 1987 was the year of the hurricane in
parts of the SW like the Cis, where I lived at the time but here, that was
1990!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Uhm, right, thanks for that

Confused at home

Safest place to be confused. ;-) I didn't think the Hurricane of 87 got up
as far as you, did it? I know my ex husband was expecting our children to
fly out of Jersey to stay with him that day and he lived in Berkshire. When
I rang him to say I couldn't even get them to the airport he had no idea
what I was talking about! It hit London though, IIRC and seemed to describe
a very narrow and particular pattern.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk