Old 19-01-2007, 09:29 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
[email protected] n_cramerSPAM@pacbell.net is offline

Default Bonsai Newbie question

"Scooter the Mighty" wrote:
wrote:
"Scooter the Mighty" wrote:
wrote:
[ . . . ]

Thanks, Scooter. It's been below freezing here the last few nights, so
I brought it indoors to avoid root freeze. It's in one of those 2"
square thin black plastic 'pots'. It's now on a west facing windowsill
in our bedroom, which runs around 50=B0F this time of year. Once the
frost dange=

r is
past, I'll move it back outdoors. I don't think the soil is well
drained, as it's still quite moist. I'll repot it into a proper Bonsai
pot in the Spring, if I don't kill it first, as I did with a
Bristlecone pine some 20 years ago. It needs a lot of Sun?

50 degrees is too warm, you should move it back outside or it'll break
dormancy.

Did that as soon as I heard this morning's weather prognostication. Of
course, days are gonna be in the mid-seventies. Thanks again!

~Semper Fi~
www.delphiayachtsusa.com