Old 19-01-2007, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default winter?

Martin wrote:
A Danish German company has made a fortune selling wind turbines.

At least they didn't cost us the planet. Do you think Dubai is being
built from the savings the arabs have made whilst working really hard
feeding the starving thousands? Do you think China is investing all the
money they make out of us to plant more trees?

Wind turbines need Force 3 - force 6 to operate.
There are many days when the wind isn't in this range.

Then use what is stored.

No power stations are able to operate all the time without stopping.

They don't all stop at the same time, when there is no wind.

When there's no wind overthere, they'll be wind overhere. And again, I
do not confirm that wind energy alone will cover all our energy needs.

France gets 70% of it's energy from nuclear power stations. Surplus French
energy is sold all over Europe.

France gets 71 % actually of its energy from nuclear power whilst
dumping all their waste in the ocean.

How much has been generated in the last 8 days?

Dunno.

Near zero.

Rubbish.

Biodiesel produces carbon emissions too. The palm oil it is produced from has
led to deforestation in 3rd world countries. I rarely use my car.

Do you have two children, carry equipment and transport 6 people to
work everyday? And our biodiesel is not made from palm oil but chip fat
made out of rape oil and the oil is not from 3rd world countries
either, but from Europe. And lastly, I haven't driven my car for years.
My husband drives it. When he needs it early for a trip, I use public
transport, hence my wish for a tuc tuc. Out of 16 people in our office,
we're only 2 driving cars and transport each others when required. At
least we're trying.