Old 19-01-2007, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default winter?

JennyC wrote:
I would if I thought they, and waves, and bio, and... would provide enough
energy for all out modern day needs. But I can't see it happening....

This is so pessimistic. Why?! When the first cd came out we all said
'blimey, it's going to cost a fortune, it will never happen ...'. Think
of how many other stuff we've taken with the same view? I think there's
lots to be learn still and truly we've got no other choice.

we use
more and more electricity for out PC, air conditioning,

So lets stop using so much electricity! There's lots of gadgets out
there to power your mobile phones and pcs using solar powered energy.
It's not new. As for air conditioning - who needs it?! Stay indoors and
close the shutters. Millions of people have survived doing just that!
Stop building high buildings - the lifts alone uses too much energy,
the materials used are too energy consuming to make etc...

charging up the
batteries for all our various communication devices - maybe we should ban
mobile phones instead :~)

Well, I'd like to see now some initiatives to produce pcs, phones etc.
made out of recycle materials. I think that's Gore's next move now that
he's on the Board of Apple ;o)