Old 19-01-2007, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default hosepipe bans

hazchem wrote:
I was thinking that maybe we will be getting hosepipe bans every year,
but then I thought maybe we will get more rain in winter. Should we all
plant taking into account bans every year or not?

I think we should _always_ try to plant with an eye to using as little
water as possible, regardless of hosepipe bans. Watering is no way to
spend one's weekends, and you get a better garden if the plants like
the natural conditions there. I'm not a purist on this, any more than I
am about anything else: at some times and in some places and for some
plants you've got to water, and there's nothing else for it. But much
of the watering I see people doing is a waste of effort.

--
Mike.