Old 19-01-2007, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default winter?

In article ,
"'Mike'" writes:
| wrote in message
| ups.com...
|
| Donc, just one one nuclear reactor may be the equivalent of 1500
| windmills at full power, but, no wind, no power and all stored power
| sent to grid would not be adequate for even our basic use.
|
| Please explain how this power is stored for future use.

You run a pump, which pushes water up to a reservoir at the top of
a mountain, which then can be used to drive a turbine when needed.
There has been exactly such a site in Wales for decades.

Fiendishly cunning, these Welshmen.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.