Old 19-01-2007, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
a.c. a.c. is offline

Default Hat With Sunshield For Gardening ?

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:

"Michael" [email protected] wrote in message
My garden is very exposed to the elements and in the Summer I can only
average about 2 hours gardening a day because of the sun on my neck.

I do use a sunhat but this isn't enough. Can someone suggest a stockist of
a sunhat with flaps ?

Thanks.

Google sunhat with flaps
http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/is...opscr1710.html

I think these are the best I've seen. Especially if you want to work
whilst wearing ear-defenders.
They also tend not to be blown off. (I've got one pair of something
like them and have also been looking for another as the one I have is
child size and I had to do a bit of ripping to get it to fit.)
Lastly. whilst doing something like say, large hedges, the clippings
roll off / slip / fall off more easily.

Michael