Old 20-01-2007, 06:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default winter?

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

JennyC wrote:
I would if I thought they, and waves, and bio, and... would provide
enough
energy for all out modern day needs. But I can't see it happening....

This is so pessimistic. Why?!

Rising population numbers
The explosion of the economy in China
The amount of electrical appliances that people use.

we use
more and more electricity for out PC, air conditioning,

So lets stop using so much electricity! There's lots of gadgets out
there to power your mobile phones and pcs using solar powered energy.

Tell me more :~)
Google threw this up:
http://www.thetravelinsider.info/roa...sidewinder.htm
and for the DIY freaks among us: http://geektechnique.org/index.php?id=236
:~))

It's not new. As for air conditioning - who needs it?! Stay indoors and
close the shutters. Millions of people have survived doing just that!

I do that, but there are so many people who don't. I see airco units much
more in the shops than even 5 years ago.

Stop building high buildings - the lifts alone uses too much energy,
the materials used are too energy consuming to make etc...

Ummmmmm
I'm not sure about that one, especially if it means even more urban sprawl
than we have already.

charging up the
batteries for all our various communication devices - maybe we should ban
mobile phones instead :~)

Well, I'd like to see now some initiatives to produce pcs, phones etc.
made out of recycle materials. I think that's Gore's next move now that
he's on the Board of Apple ;o)

Ah! Didn't know that :~))