Old 20-01-2007, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Hosepipe bans come off tomorrow

"Brick" wrote in message
Actually, In that area water is taken largely from underground aquifers,
not rivers. For that to fill up water has to seep through ground and rocks
so the height/flow of rivers is, unfortunately, not entirely relevant.
The problems are getting worse because more building/tarmac means less
rain soaking in, and more running off into rivers. At the same time more
dwellings use more water used.

Brick.

It is on these grounds that I have opposed planning applications and won the
cases. One only has to put a 'sting in the tail' of the opposition letter,
such as a warning of future flooding affecting certain houses and that 'if
planning permission is granted, then this letter can be used as a warning
and claims made against the Planning Authority if said houses are flooded'
and copied to the houses which will be in the flooding line. This has worked
on three occasions for our surrounding area.

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk