Old 20-01-2007, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default winter?

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"'Mike'" writes:

| You run a pump, which pushes water up to a reservoir at the top of
| a mountain, which then can be used to drive a turbine when needed.
| There has been exactly such a site in Wales for decades.
|
| Fiendishly cunning, these Welshmen.
|
| So every unsightly hideous wind mill has to have a mountain alongside
it
| does it?

No.

| Wonderful for the countryside ......... not
|
| :-((
|
| Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association

Look, for someone who puts that in your signature, you are woefully
ingorant about electricity technology. Try using the new-fangled
Internet to search for 'UK national grid' and 'power transmission'.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

The question I asked was referring to 'storage'. Not transmission.

:-))

Perhaps you would like to answer my question seeing as you are an expert on
everything. "How is the 'spare' electricity to be stored when there is no
demand for it at the time of generation?" The pump and hill is a well
documented exercise in 'energy and transferring energy' etc and does NOT
answer my question.

Put it in simple terms. I have a field of hideous windmills generating XXXX
Watts. The grid uses XX Watts. How are the other XX Watts going to be
'stored' for when the adverts come on and everybody puts the kettle on and
require XXXXXX Watts?

Understand the question? I have tried to make it simple for you :-)

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk