Old 20-01-2007, 04:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Mel[_6_] Mel[_6_] is offline

Default Blueberries

"davholla" wrote ...
I have two bushes one is ok and the other is not doing so well (no
leaves).
They are both in containers. In the past I have given the them tap
water but from now on it is only rain water.
They are out in the patio. They are about 2 years old and have never
even had flowers let alone fruit. What can I do ?
BTW I live in London, England and in the past they were inside. Was
that a mistake ?

Blueberries need highly acid soil. I grow mine outdoors in large pots of
ericaceous compost. I've used tap water in the summer, and they don't
appear to suffer from it. At this time of year the bushes shouldn't have
any foliage on them. I think (not certain) that they need a period of cold
weather in order to grow well.

A Google search brings up lots of information:

http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile...berry_care.asp
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/basic...eberries.shtml
http://www.suffolkblues.co.uk/growers-notes.html

Regards.