Old 20-01-2007, 02:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray B Ray B is offline

Default Orchid Care

If the flower spike is beginning to turn yellow at its tip, I recommend
cutting it off at the base.

Assuming it IS a phalaenopsis, it will likely be another year until it grows
a new one and blooms again.

"vala1022" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

My Mum recently bought me an orchid from the grocery store and the
petals have fallen off it. I watered it and I have it in a place where
it gets indirect light for part of the day. The leaves are still pretty
green except for one, and the stem the petals were on is fairly green
except right at the top. I'm not sure if it is dying or if it will grow
and bloom again. I asked the people on the store and they said to cut
down the stem and another one should grow. I don't see anywhere another
stem would grow from. So far I haven't done anything, but continued to
water it. I was wondering if anyone knew what I should do next, should
I replant in a bigger pot, cut down the stem...?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kerry.