Old 20-01-2007, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default And again!

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 16:21:58 +0000, Sacha

wrote:

Last night was pretty windy - second or third night in a row - I'm losing
track now and now the wind is building up again, after a fairly calm day.
This seems to be the pattern over the last few days. That surely cannot
be
explained by katabatic winds at this time of year, surely?!

4 times in 10 days in Zuid Holland. It's Armageddon.

OTOH a storm of Thursday's strength has occurred 52 times in the
Netherlands the
last 100 years, The last one was in 2002 so Thursday's storm was overdue,
even
if the previous Thursday's storm wasn;t quite up to this Thursday's storm.

Winter is forecast here for the coming week with minimums down to -5C.
Martin

We lost a pane of glass from the GH. BUT the chap was round to fix it within
3 hours of us calling the insurance people :~)
Good thing as it looks as if it will indeed turn cold next week.
Jenny