Old 20-01-2007, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default And again!

JennyC wrote:
Commiserations with the tree loss :~(

Ta. I think I'm going to drown my sorows in a pint of Kro in a couple
of hours ... I'll take pictures. Of the tree, not me drowining in
fermented hops. Quite ridiculously I was on my way to 'mock interview'
a neighbour about her garden as part of an exercise in my garden design
course when I noticed the tree!. Well, we laughed ...

Isn't eucalyptus sort of oily - it might 'spit' in the fire ?

That's what I thought. When I burn bits of pine from David's carpentry
jobs, it either spooks us with the spits, burn a hole in a cushion or
send one of our cats screaming. Maybe I'll make sculptures .... little
stools ... to cry on (

Where are the aussie posters when you need them :~)

In bed at this time I'd expect. Central Oz is flooded too. Rivers are
bursting - some people have never seen this in a life time apparently.