Old 21-01-2007, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default favourite seed potato

In article ,
Gill Matthews Try the writes:

| (I'm not too struck with boiled and rarely cook them and never make chips)

While I agree that most potatoes are not good boiled, and supermarket
whites are ghastly, some potatoes are good boiled. Always in their
skins, of course, even for mashing :-)

Belle de Fontenay, Charlotte, Ratte, Pink Fir Apple etc. are good,
especially when small (as the first and last always are). Bute Blues
and some of the other heritage, thick-skinned maincrops (including
small King Edwards) are, too, in a much chewier way.

But I find that potatoes above the size of a lime are rather tasteless
boiled.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.