Old 24-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Beth Peace

Default Do Woodpeckers Systematically Destroy Bradford Pears?

Kelly Garner wrote:
You might as well hang up dead fish outside with the nasty smell that
Bradfords produce. Why bother planting these trees when you could
have much hardier and reliable native trees?

I don't plant them, I just enjoy them. Let others clean up after the ice
storms. But no, I've never noticed the smell either and we walk around our
neighborhood daily.

BTW, anyone know what shrub/tree has the ethereal grape smell? I get whiffs
occasionally, but can never localize it. There are a couple of places on
US1 near Crossroads and a couple spots in our neighborhood.