Old 21-01-2007, 07:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Anyone know JD Lawn Tractors?

"dane" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,figured I better check-in here with My quest..I have spoken for an
estimated 25yo JD lawn tractor,,12 1/2horse,,mower deck and single
stage snow blower attachment,,recent engine re-build,,whatever "recent"
is and a new seat..The price is $200,,,sound about right? My Bro-in-Law
is using it this Winter then come spring it's Mine..I ca'nt really
justify a new rig for this lawn alone and the small lot accross the
street..I blew-up the Murray rider,,got it for $75 tho and used 2
seasons..
Does Anyone know the original cost(estimated)of the above JD? Also
I'm thinking I'd like to trade the snowblower for a plow
attachment,,how likely is that?heh heh..
Thanks
Dean

Sounds OK to me. I have a 30 yo JD 110 and am not familiar with your 12 1/2
hp but my 8hp handles the single stage blower very well. I would say any JD
that is running should bring $200 as long as it isn't smoking real bad. A
plow and a blower are two distinctly different animals. Plow is nice for
cleaning off a couple inches or a little slush but the blower should handle
8 or 10". The plow leaves behind a snowbank that is hard to move a few days
later. The blower leaves no obstructions. I have a Wheelhorse plow that is
like new and haven't been able to get $100 for it. I'm guessing you could
get a JD plow for $50 but it is sometimes hard to match this equipment up.