Old 21-01-2007, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default favourite seed potato

"Alan Holmes" wrote after
"Bob Hobden" wrote in reply to
"Nick Maclaren" wrote ((snip))

I have had to give up because of spraing.

Nick, just in case you may not have realised, there has been testing for
Spraing resistance.

The following FE have good resistance....(out of 10)
Accord (7)
Arran Pilot (9)
Dunrod (7)
Home Guard (7)
Lady Christi (8)
Premiere (8)

The following SE or MC show good resistance ...
Ceasar (7)
Charlotte (8)
Fambo (7)
Fianna (8)
Hermes (8 also good slug resistance)
Lady Rosetta (8 ditto)
Record (8)
Rooster (8)
Saturna (7)
Saxon (7)
Slaney (8)

Hope that helps.

It would have helped if you had posted this list yeasterday, but I've just
been out to buy seed potatoes and none of those you mentioned are in the
ones I bought!(:-(

You should have downloaded from and studied...

http://www.potato.org.uk/department/...vartables.html

everything you wanted to know about a great many varieties, but as Nick
points out, they are mainly commercially grown ones.

--
Regards
Bob H