Old 21-01-2007, 11:39 PM posted to rec.ponds
Tristan Tristan is offline

Default And the pond now has 500+ koi

Way I understand it is there is not a lot of folks that can afford to
have this service that amounts to a vacation spa for the fish, so they
can play in the mud and gain the benefits. To us and most folks they
may look like th esame fish or so od in colroatioin they would be
hard to keep separated, but each koi is as indiviudal as a persons
finger prints are. Plus as previously mentined a ic is propbbaly
provided, but the person that does this servie in Virginia does kjnow
his fish.......he can see a pic of a fish on th internet and tellyou
whose fish it is , how lod it is and where its at and if it was ever
shown adna whole host of other info.......its his livelyhood.....I'll
think of his name one of these days and post it, but he knows his koi.

I would not imagine there is many fish in a pond either, and probbaly
all same sexes, as no one would want a badly bruised female show up
at a major show. Same for capitolizing off a spawn....would not be
proper to use say a GC koi to breed wihtout compensation to
owner.....afterall thats part of the game of koi keeping....and why
certain fish bring big $$$$ I guess integrity plays a big part in it
as well.......and this fellow is highly regarded and trusted in the
koi worold.

For some reason Waddington or Ray Abel rings a familiar sound. .. in
being the person that runs the Koi vacation spa! I know he has fish
from fokls as far away as California, and this makes it possible for a
person in California to show in competition in say Florida or New
York etc........

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 23:27:38 GMT, ~ janj
wrote:

Now the one thing that springs to my mind with this is how in the world
would you ever know what Koi belong to who?.....

They use pictures.... and probably hold-harmless contracts. ;-) ~ jan

-------