Old 21-01-2007, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Help! Pond smells bad!

Tulpa writes

Only a year I'm afraid. Yep, it's under trees and is frequently mowed
into... Looks like I'l have to get mucky in the spring.. I'm not going
to tackle it as the cold weather approaches!

If you've any hint of amphibians in there, spring is not a good time as
you'll disturb their breeding.

Rubber gloves are good - even if you get water inside, you warm the thin
layer of water and stay warm thereafter - a wet-suit for the hands.
Cavers use marigolds to keep warm in wet caves.
--
Kay