Old 21-01-2007, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
ned ned is offline

Default Pond shade

"BoyPete" wrote in message
I intend building a pergola type structure over my pond. I want to

use a
covering for the top to create some shade. As the top will be level,

I can't
use a waterproof material. I'd 'like' to use something more natural.

Reed
matting perhaps? I wondered if the gardening community might advise?
Thanks
--
ßôyþëtë

Hi BP.
'Not sure what your overall objective is but, are you sure 100% shade
will satisfy the grand plan?
Is it to be a moss, fern and duckweed pond?
I'm all for some shade but total cover seems a bit OTT - if you will
pardon the pun.
:-)

--
ned