Old 22-01-2007, 04:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve[_2_] Steve[_2_] is offline

Default Trekkies are Orchid lovers too!

John Ladasky wrote:
Last January I attended a Cirque du Soleil performance, and started out
my evening in their "VIP tent." They served all kinds of exquisite and
unusual foods. This included stuffed Dendrobium blossoms.

The filling was tasty, but curiously, I've forgotten what it was... the
Dendrobium tasted much like a cucumber, and had a bit of a crunch to
it.

Since Dendrobiums are fairly easy to grow, I can see using them as food
-- as a treat, of course, not a staple. But Cypripediums? Perish the
thought!

You have to admit, any of the Cypripediums would be the natural choice
for stuffing since they have the pouch. I can't think a Dendrobium would
hold much stuffing. ;-)

Steve