Old 22-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Mervington Mervington is offline
Registered User

Question Blueberries

Hello!

I'm keen to try blueberries, but will need to use containers because of our ph. A further possible problem is watering. I understand that tap water is bad for blueberries because of chlorine/alkali inclusion. There is a limit to the amount of rainwater I can collect/store.

The question is whether there is a means of treating tapwater to make it "safe". I understand that by storing tap water in open containers for a few days, chlorine will be released. Sulphur chips etc can be used to change the ph level in soil. Can they, or some other product, be used to change tap water to make it safe for blueberries?

I hope someone might be able to help.

Thanks.

Mervyn