Old 22-01-2007, 08:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tulpa Tulpa is offline

Default Help! Pond smells bad!

On Jan 21, 9:39 pm, K wrote:
Tulpa writes

Only a year I'm afraid. Yep, it's under trees and is frequently mowed
into... Looks like I'l have to get mucky in the spring.. I'm not going
to tackle it as the cold weather approaches!If you've any hint of amphibians in there, spring is not a good time as

you'll disturb their breeding.

Rubber gloves are good - even if you get water inside, you warm the thin
layer of water and stay warm thereafter - a wet-suit for the hands.
Cavers use marigolds to keep warm in wet caves.
Thanks Kay. I'll remember that.. I'll have to wait though 'cause there are frogs walking around our garden!