Old 22-01-2007, 03:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner William Wagner is offline

Default Moving daffodils

I live in London UK and have just got a new house. Where I want to put
a pond there are loads of daffodils emerging. Can these be moved
safely ? If so how ?

Most of our daffodills are family heirlooms, simple and hardy. Here
if they get buried 4 inches they are lucky. Of course some of the
double types and different colors are about. It is nice that squirrels
and other critters can't eat em.

I dig em, shake em, split em and let them air dry sometimes. Then
plant and give em away.

Bill

PS never gave them plant food either.

--