Old 22-01-2007, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default Heating a greenhouse

In message .com, Red
Tomato writes
Hi guys

I have insulated my greenhouse with UV bubblewrap, and have a parafin
greenhouse heater. I'm wondering if anyone else has this heating

Not anymore, but have had previously. Electric is so much nicer in many
ways.

and
if it smells really strong?. Theres no smoke from the heater but a
strong whiff. Is this normal????

Yep, pretty normal, paraffin is pretty smelly stuff.

You say you've insulated the GH, have you left adequate ventilation. The
heater of course need oxygen, but also produces lots of water vapour
which can make it very damp in their without enough ventilation.

--
Chris French