Old 23-01-2007, 09:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
wawwiz wawwiz is offline

Default Hydroponics

"SO WHAT" you say! So it's none of the governments business if any
individual wants to buy hydroponic materials, nor if I want to check
out a book, or any item like these, it's an invasion of our privacy,
thats what is SO WHAT! As for guns, you can still buy a gun from a
provate person without registering it, you can still build a still as
long as you don't produce a set amount past what is considered personal
consumption, and thats what we really need, more guns and more booze.
I was just stating why there's not more hydroponic groups, as for the
pot growers, if they are growing thier smoke here at home, none of the
money is filtering back to the terrorist, seems more sensible to
legalize it, tax it (it is the largest cash crop in America) and take
the money away from the wetbacks and terrorist. I am not condoning the
use but someone needs to wake up and see the war on drugs is actually
fueling the other world economies.

One last note, doesn't take much to weed (sorry for the pun) out the
conservatives from the liberals does it!
Dick Adams wrote:
You will find that most are leary now talking about hydroponics as well
as where to get supplies for it, due to a administration that has
allowed the collecting of personal data about anyone (especially solo
growers) purchasing the items. In case some on the list doesn't know
it, this is another avenue the p act covers, and the war on drugs since
hydroponics are used for pot growing. Anyone that purchases from one to
several items of hydroponics and uses a cc or check has thier info sent
to the government even if all you grow are hot house tomatoes.

And if being used for legal purposes, you care, why?

If the equipment is being used for legal purposes, why should you
be placed on a gubmint list of criminal suspects?

1) It's NOT a list of criminal suspects. It's a list of people
who have purchased equipment known to be used for criminal
purposes.

2) Want to purchase a still? Just go to Sears and they will
sell you one since it's perfectly legal to distill water.
But they turn over a list of buyers to the ATF periodically.

3) Go buy a gun. You need a permit and the gun has to be registered.

SO WHAT!

Dick