Old 23-01-2007, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Hey, Its cold.

BoyPete wrote:
cineman wrote:
Hi,
checked outside temperature at work tonight 22-15 hrs it was -0.6 deg
C all cars were frosty and some icy patches on roads, thank goodnes
the sleet didnt come to much this afternoon..
Got home and found 1 pond iced over, no sign of frogs yet.
regards
Cineman

Overnight low here 2.2C, currently 3.3C. Hopefully, the worst of this cold
snap will pass me by. (temp. sensor at ground level by pond)

It snowed here in Manc on Sunday nite. Lovely. Today it's a great big
blue sky, not a cloud like yesterday but freezing. Minus 3 last night.
Just went at the back to clear all pots and stuff waiting for a gang of
tree surgeons to cut down our eucalyptus which fell on next door's
house on Friday. All ground frozen solid - made the pots twice heavier!
I hardly can't type - my fingers are numb. A sad day though for we
loved this tree (