Old 23-01-2007, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete BoyPete is offline

Default Hey, Its cold.

Alan Holmes wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 23/1/07 10:28, in article
, "cineman"
wrote:
Hi SDacha
Temperature check was in West Midlands
We had -2.7 overnight
regards
Cineman

Aha, thanks! I do remember where some people live but I doubt all
of us remember where everyone lives, so it does help to put weather
reports in context. We had a delivery of ferns yesterday and the
driver told us that it was snowing in St Alban's in the morning. I'm sure
that's riveting news
to urglers! ;-))
The sky here is bright blue, the sun is out and it's a really lovely
day but
with a light, cold breeze. The barometer shot up yesterday and I
must say that I find our old-fashioned hang-it-on-the-wall barometer
far more sensitive and reliable than the new-fangled electronic job
we've got. BTW,
does anyone else find they get headaches when the barometric pressure
rises?
It happens to me every time in winter, though not usually for long,
thank goodness.

It's because you are a woman, and it is compulsary for women to have
headaches!

Alan

But I thought that was only at night?
--