Old 23-01-2007, 10:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Felder Felder is offline

Default Evergreens Question

wrote:
William Wagner wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

I will be building a house in MA and I need landscaping advice.
My land is very close to a highway - so I am planning to plant mature
evergreens to block the noise. I would like them to be 6 ft tall and
dense.

Japanese Holly

What would you recommend and how much approximately should I budget for
80 ft frontage?

Depends if you want instant gratification then you must pay for it.
Yet small plants turn into large ones.

I'd consider a berm with rhododendrons.

Bill

Thanks
Art

PS OK to make many mistakes so look about your neighbor plantings.

--

I need instant gratification.
I am building a duplex and will be selling half of it. Cannot wait

Maybe consider a fence. Shrubs and such do very little with noise.
A fence to block some of the noise and a water feature (fountain) to
mask the remaining noise would be a decent solution.

-Felder