Old 23-01-2007, 09:13 PM posted to aus.gardens
meeee meeee is offline

Default permaculture design course transcript - free - link:

"Linda H" wrote in message
meeee wrote:

Aquaculture?

Sort of but more complicated..... a hydroponic system and aquaculture
system all linked, so that the fish water flowed through the hydroponic
gravel, the plants removed the poo etc then the now-purified water was
pumped back in to the fish. There was beneficial bacteria involved, in
the gravel I believe, and he was working on growing his own pond weed to
use as fish food, so that it would be completely self sufficient. DH got
all inspired and wants to do it now

Hmm, yes it does sound very complicated but it sounds very efficient - if
it all ran as it should. I suppose then the poo-ridden extra waste could
be used again to grow more even more plants. More fish... a real cycle
alright.

Yes. the guy said it took a little while to get the balance right, but it
looked efficient once it was set up.