Old 23-01-2007, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default Devon Beach (Free Pampers & BMWs)

Martin wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 22:19:59 -0000, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Martin wrote:
[...]
It really makes you wonder what the police are for.

Well, OK then: what do you want them to do? I haven't heard that
anybody's committed a crime.

All those who took stuff from the wreck without completing a form
committed a crime.

No, as I understand it, you get 28 days to submit the form. I don't
think the Receiver of Wreck stands there on the beach holding his hand
out. The only thing that makes this incident different from daily
occurrences up and down our coast seems to me to be the scale.

Maybe breaking open a container would be criminal damage, of course; but
they'd have a job making it stick.

--
Mike.