Old 23-01-2007, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman cineman is offline

Default hey its not so cold

Hi all,
On my way home about 5 minutes ago, came through a town called Sedgley, Near
Dudley in the West Midlands, there was this funny stuff falling from the
sky, it was white about the size of a twopence piece and was covering the
parked cars and footpaths, but not the roads. A strange phemonema indeed.
Seriously, in Wolverhampton there was just a smattering of fine powdery
stuff.
This afternoon the air temp was -2.4 C but at 22-15 hrs it had come up
to -0.8C.
According to my records this cold spell is on time for the time of year,
should last about a week then get warmer until second/third week in Feb.
when we should get another cold spell.
We shall see.
regards
Cineman