Old 24-01-2007, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Devon Beach (Free Pampers & BMWs)

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 23/1/07 11:01, in article ,
"The Reid" wrote:

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:12:10 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

If it's illegal, as is reported, why are the police merely handing
out forms to be filled in and returned, telling them where the
'salvaged'
goods have gone? The whole thing is utterly bizarre - why not just
close
off the beach until the shipping company's salvage people move in?

one container had the personal effects of a Swedish couple moving to
SA, nice.

Oh, that was *awful*. A report said people were seen moving off with
family
portraits and obviously personal household effects and there were
photographs lying around on the beach, showing that young couple.
I wonder if the enquiry will show that ship to have been overloaded for
the
conditions. I know there's a large chunk of metal hanging underneath but
it
looked very top heavy to the untrained eye.
--

There was something on the radio this morning, all right, yesterday morning
now, to the effect that this ship had been aground before, about six months

Steve