Old 24-01-2007, 05:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dick Adams Dick Adams is offline

Default Hydroponics

wawwiz wrote:

"SO WHAT" you say! So it's none of the governments business if any
individual wants to buy hydroponic materials, nor if I want to check
out a book, or any item like these, it's an invasion of our privacy,
thats what is SO WHAT! As for guns, you can still buy a gun from a
provate person without registering it,

I believe possession of an unregistered hand gun is a criminal
offense in some juristictions.

you can still build a still as long as you don't produce a set amount
past what is considered personal consumption,

You must be thinking of beer and wine which has a limit of
100 gallons of beer and 100 gallons of wine per adult with
a limit of 200 gallons of each per household. In St. Mary's
County in Maryland, bona fide residents can sell homebrewed
native wines and cider from their houses. Home distillation
is not legal through the United States, its territories, and
its possessions. But in New Zealand you can brew and distill
all you need. In the Australian Capital Territory and in the
of South Australia, you can grow up to 7 marijauna plants at
one time.

and thats what we really need, more guns and more booze.

More booze sounds good to me!

I was just stating why there's not more hydroponic groups, as for the
pot growers, if they are growing thier smoke here at home, none of the
money is filtering back to the terrorist, seems more sensible to
legalize it, tax it (it is the largest cash crop in America) and take
the money away from the wetbacks and terrorist. I am not condoning the
use but someone needs to wake up and see the war on drugs is actually
fueling the other world economies.

Absolute agreement.

One last note, doesn't take much to weed (sorry for the pun)
out the conservatives from the liberals does it!

In early December of 1980, I was at a house party and was
discussing plans for an upcoming social organization New
Year's Eve party and said "It will be $45 per person and
$60 per couple." When asked what was a 'couple', I replied
"It's two people who registered together." The person who
asked the question then began a salvo of questions like
"Do they have to be married?; do they have to living together?;
What if they are gay?". My repetitive response was "Did they
register together?"

Someone who never met either of us said "It's easy to tell
how you just voted." Another person in the room started
laughing and, pointing to me, said "He's a yellow-dog
Republican" and, pointing to the other person, "He's a
knee-jerk liberal."

One last note: It doesn't take much to weed out the
conservatives from the reactionaries.

I will post no further on this subject as it has more to
do with politics than gardening.

Dick