Old 24-01-2007, 01:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Worm Composting

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 1/23/07 7:20 AM, in article , "George.com"
wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Well, this will be interesting. My daughter joined the "Apprentice
Gardeners" program (for third graders) at her school and has been having

fun
all year. The "lesson" this week is worm composting. She is now the
proud
owner of a shoe box with 40 red wigglers and some damp shredded
newspaper
and the complete instructions for their care and feeding. We'll see how
it
goes.

Wish me luck explaining this one to my husband.

Cheryl

tell him he is taking up fishing as a hobby. In a few months you will buy
him the rod.

rob

That would work, NOT!

Substitute "boat" for "rod". Tell him your daughter wants to enter the
Bassmaster tournament, which she will win because kids *always* catch more
fish. It seems to be a law of nature.