Old 24-01-2007, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes Alan Holmes is offline

Default Devon Beach (Free Pampers & BMWs) (OT)

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 Robert wrote:

: Here in Dorset, often the whole community would venture out, often in
: appalling weather to grab whatever was there for the taking.
:
: PS It is said that ships were sometime lured onto rocks with
: judiciously placed lights so that wrecking could take place.

Good luck to them I say. If someone has the cheek to put a ship like that
sea, endangering our coast, then they deserve no compassion and their
cargo
is 'fair game'. The only quite big problem I have with this ship's cargo
is
that the redistribution is causing more damage to the beach than the
original containers were...

But that's hardly fair to those people who were entrusting their personal
belongings to a transport company and which were seen to be stolen when
reported on television as, for instance, the couple who had emigrated to
South Africa. Ok, so they were insured (I suppose) but you can't replace
something with sentimental value.

Then, hopefully, they willsue the transort company for the loss, and for
compensation.

Alan

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK