Old 24-01-2007, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default shrub / tree identification

On 24/1/07 16:05, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"lowlife" wrote in message

hi well i remembered that i took some photo's to try and help me
recognise some of the plants.
unfortunately i am such a novice that i don't know if i've got the
right photo.
i took a few foliage shots from some of the plants, so if when you see
this you think that it's obviously from another type of plant
altogether, then you're probably right.
i seem to remember it having 'nut-tree' type leaves so i think this is
the right photo.

http://tinyurl.com/25ue3q

hope that helps. i still don't recognise it by what's been said here so
far, but i appreciate your help and the lichen thing sounds reassuring.

thanks

lowlife

Those leaves look like Hazel (Corylus avellana ).I,ve lost the plot on this
one:-)

Just what I thought. I'm beginning to think that the seed pods belong to
another plant altogether, possibly in front of the probable Hazel.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk