Old 24-01-2007, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Looking forward....

On 24/1/07 21:23, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
...I'd like to recommend what I think is a truly wonderful plant. I'd
never
seen it until I first came here as a customer and I fell in love with it
immediately. Bog-standard garden centres won't have it but they really
should have because it's such a joy. Take a look at:
http://tinyurl.com/ysjch3
--

Unusual. I was about to say that it looked a bit like a Weigela until I
realised that hakoneutsugi was the name of the plant and not the

I thought it was weigela versicolour? anyway Sacha is right always causes
comment here when in flower.

All I can tell you Charlie is that Ray has had it for many years and it was
sold to him as W. coraeensis by that small nursery opposite (but not
associated with) Stourhead. Looking at pics of W. versicolor on Google my
impression is that C. coraeensis is more vari-coloured but from photos, it's
hard to tell. Whichever it is, it's a stunner and while it needs space to
do its best, I just don't know why it isn't more widely grown.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk