Old 25-01-2007, 09:13 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by garden-addicted
Flights for £5? Another example of our current attitude. Maybe there should be a £50 environmental charge on top of this. Every time we fly a few trees are planted. We always want to do as we like regardless of the cost to the environment, but are we happier than previous generations that didn't. I don't believe we are.
My experience of Ryanair is that after you have paid all their extra costs and for one item of hold baggage, a return flight advertised at £0.00 actually removes about £50 to £60 from your wallet.

If there was a complete carbon emission trading system applying, then sensible trade-offs could be made. I think that if you did have to buy the carbon, people might well choose to fly more and imported buy plastic toys less.